Best Projector in India|| We live surrounded by screens. Some larger ones like those of televisions, which, by the way, are getting bigger and bigger, and other smaller ones like those of mobile phones or smart watches.
In this context, projectors offer a great alternative for those who need or want a larger screen. In recent years, its use has become enormously popular. In parallel, more and more manufacturers have launched new models, some at really low prices.
We have some recommendations for you if you’re looking for the best projector to build your home theatre and relax on weekends, or a nice quality projector for the office. For all purposes, here is a list of the best projectors in India. We’ve also addressed some of the most common concerns regarding purchasing a new projector.
All this means that the number of options is greater and that, therefore, choosing the right equipment is a bit more complicated.
List of Top 10 Best Projector in India
|Ranking||Best Projector In India||Rating||Brand Name||Check Price Now|
|1||Everycom X7 LED Projector Full HD 1080P||4.4/5||Everycom||Buy Now From Amazon|
|2||Egate K9 Android LED Projector||4.1/5||Egate||Buy Now From Amazon|
|3||BenQ TH585 Full HD DLP Projector||3.9/5||BenQ||Buy Now From Amazon|
|4||Epson EB-E01 XGA Projector||4.3/5||Epson||Buy Now From Amazon|
|5||EGate i9 Pro-Max Full HD LED Projector||3.9/5||EGate||Buy Now From Amazon|
|6||Play New 3D 4k Full HD LED Android Projector||4.3/5||Play New||Buy Now From Amazon|
|7||Dinshi Fusion Full HD Projector 3500||4.4/5||Dinshi Fusion||Buy Now From Amazon|
|8||BORSSO® Moon 7.1 HD Wi-Fi YouTube, LED Projector 3000||4.4/5||BORSSO||Buy Now From Amazon|
|9||ViewSonic PX701 HD-3500 Lumens Projector||4.4/5||ViewSonic||Buy Now From Amazon|
|10||Play Ultra HD 4K 3D Smart Android Laser Projector||2.8/5||Play Ultra||Buy Now From Amazon|
|11||Mi Laser 150 Ultra-Short Throw Projector||4.2/5||Mi||Buy Now From Amazon|
|12||LG HF80LG Full HD (1920 x 1080) 2000||0.0/5||LG||Buy Now From Amazon|
1. Everycom X7 LED Projector Full HD 1080P
This projector from Everycom is one of the best sellers for home use, and it’s the greatest choice if you’re on a tight budget. With the Everycom X7 LED Projector, you can have a magnificent movie experience with incredible image, audio, and video quality.
The Everycom x7 is a budget-friendly movie projector that combines basic features with Everycom’s Premiere Technology.
Extend your horizons beyond the television screen and create a fantastic movie experience right in your own living room. The Everycom X7 projector is a value-packed projector that allows you to experience your favourite entertainment in 2D or 3D at its best (Anaglyph).
It’s designed for movie buffs, and it’s loaded with technology that produces incredibly detailed Full HD visuals. Films and TV shows seem clear and sharp thanks to the generous 1800 lumen brightness.
Now By connecting the projector directly to the Setup Box, you can watch your favourite TV channels on a wide, bright screen as large as 120 inches, with no additional installation necessary.
- With a 1-year warranty, it’s a good value.
- It has a simple focus feature as well as a 15° keystone correction.
- Video games are supported.
- A wireless HDMI adaptor, Fire TV Stick, Chromecast, and other similar devices can be used to connect.
- It can be mounted on the wall, ceiling, or on a tripod.
- The light has a 20,000-hour life span.
- Full HD resolution with a brightness of 1800 lumens.
- Wi-Fi isn’t available.
- It is not suggested for usage in the office.
- The brightness isn’t particularly high.
- There are black bars in the picture quality at times.
- Internal speakers of average quality.
- 【New Arrival】: Everycom ALL NEW X7 is a 2019 latest upgrade with new generation LED source which offers better brightness and improved colour quality to satisfy our customers needs.
- 【Multimedia Connectivity】: Everycom Projector is equipped with multiple ports including HDMI, USB, SD card, VGA and AV for use with a wide range of devices.
- 【BIG Screen & Built-in Speaker】: A big, bright screen as large as 120 inches with Built-in Speaker, bring the private theatre into your home.
- 【HD Ready】: Full HD 1080p (1920×1080 ) Supported for fabulously detailed quality which is ideal for Home Theatre Projector. Not recommended for PPT or business presentation
2. Egate K9 Android LED Projector
Egate K9 Projector is a multipurpose high-end smart projector powered by Android that is ideal for homeschooling and entertainment. Its basic black colour is combined with clever features, making it ideal for tiny workplaces and conference spaces. If you can slightly increase your budget, this high-quality projector can provide you with a slew of capabilities that a low-budget projector could overlook.
K9 Android is perhaps the most cost-effective system for a wide range of applications. K9 Android is a smart projector with an Android operating system built in and a powerful quadcore processor. Unlimited possibilities for connecting to the globe with inbuilt Wi-Fi, including direct YouTube, Netflix, Gmail, Browsing, and much more. With a perfect blend of high Lumens and HD 720p, it’s ideal for home theatres, small conference rooms, and classrooms. The 4000 Lumen brightness of the strong tiny LEDs ensures comfortable entertainment in your living area. The addition of the Digital 4D Keystone and Digital XY Zoom is the cherry on top.
Egate K9 is a flexible projector with DIRECT USB PLAY, which allows you to play all of your media files from USB or SD Card without the need for a PC, including video, music, images, and even word and ppt. OTTs like Netflix and others function well and effortlessly on the integrated Android with Multi-Core processor.
If that wasn’t enough, the K9 also has the unique DOORSTEP support and can last up to 30,000 hours (or 20 years) of uninterrupted watching. Simply request a service through our versatile EGATE ANDROID APP, among many other methods to communicate with us, and the projector will be picked up from the comfort of your home, serviced, and returned to your doorstep. That’s EGATEINDIA in a nutshell.
- Linux based operating system, Full HD resolution.
- Good for personal use, education and mid-size offices.
- Built-in Wi-fi with YouTube and Netflix pre-installed.
- Compatible with Bluetooth speakers.
- Hassle-free installation, 1-year warranty, backed by 1GB RAM.
- Slightly heavier.
- Not ideal for large offices.
- Display : LED, HD Ready (1080p) | (1280 x 720) Native Resolution | 2000 : 1 High Contrast Ratio | 4.57 m (180 inch) Large Screen Display
- Lumens: 4000 Lumen | 390 ANSI Lumen | LED- Life Long Lamp + 30000 Hours Life | 2000 : 1 High Contrast Ratio + 16:9 Aspect Ratio.Portable : No
- Connectivity : 2 xHDMI | USB | VGA | AV | SD Card Slot | Audio Out.
- Sound : In-Built Speaker (Box Speaker) | 5 Watts Output
- Smart Features : Android 6.0 / Quad Core / 1 GB / 8GB Rom / Wifi / Bluetooth 4.0 / Wireless Screen Mirroring from Android & iOS devices
- Important Features : 4D Digital Keystone ( 40 degree ): Place the projector at any convinient corner of your room & still have the perfect rectangular image
- Digital Zoom : With a click of a remote , you can Zoom In & Zoom Out the image
- 360° Support : Indian Brand | Pan India Service Support | Please call at our Toll Free number for any support and service queries
- Warranty Information : 1 year Manufacturer warranty from date of purchase.
3. BenQ TH585 Full HD DLP Projector
BenQ is known for producing high-quality computer peripherals, and the BenQ RH585 Full HD DLP Projector is an excellent choice for classrooms, boardrooms, auditoriums, as well as professional and home use. The 3500-lumen bulb, combined with full HD resolution, makes this a fantastic starter kit for any projector. Apart from that, the projector’s minimal lag input-output makes it an excellent choice for all types of business presentations and live seminars. The simple installation, as well as the 1.1x zoom for closer distances, the digital shift of the lens and automated adjustability, and faultless alignment calculation, are all excellent features.
It may also be readily connected to a wide range of devices, including gaming consoles (PlayStation, Xbox), laptops, desktops, mobile phones, streaming devices, and sticks, among others. The lamp has a lengthy shelf life, making it an excellent choice for long periods of use.
- This projector is ideal for gaming and home use, as well as movie showing and enjoyment.
- The light offers a brightness of 3500 lumens and the greatest lens technology
- It is compatible with the Firestick and does not require the use of any additional devices…
- The input lag is relatively low, which makes live streaming less annoying.
- This is one of the most expensive projectors ever made, although there are cheaper alternatives..
- Overuse of this projector will almost certainly result in heating concerns.
- This bundle contains TH585 Projector and Amazon Fire TV Stick. Use this bundle to watch your favourites from Prime Video, Hotstar, Netflix, Zee5, Sony LIV, Apple TV and others content (Subscription...
- 1080P RESOLUTION: 1080p Full HD image quality with 3500 ANSI lumen & 10,000:1 contrast ratio for better experiences in well-lit environment
- LOW LATENCY: 16ms low input lag and microsecond DMD fast response ensure ultra-smooth gaming experiences
- TAKING VIDEO GAMES TO THE BIG SCREEN: The short throw projection produces big 100" images from just 3 meters
- BUILT-IN SPEAKER: Clear built-in 10-watt speaker come up huge for games, movies and TV for every party occasion
- 15,000 HOURS LAMP LIFE: Lamp save mode extends projector lamp life up to 15,000 hours
4. Epson EB-E01 XGA Projector
You can easily get outstanding classroom projection at an inexpensive price point with the Epson EB-E01 XGA Projector. This one has a wall-mount option, which makes it ideal for classroom use. For gaming and movie streaming, you can use the same device in your office and at home.
This ultra-bright, 3,300-lumen projector uses superior 3LCD technology to offer rich, true-to-life images. With HDMI connectivity and beautiful speakers that add value to presentations, the EB-E01 is designed specifically for educational contexts and boosts participation and enriches lesson ideas. This projector is built to last, with a light life of up to 12,000 hours when used in ECO mode.
Most users consider it a full projector because of its ease of installation and placement versatility, which allows for easy projection from any location in the classroom. It was also declared as the best projector of all time thanks to user ratings, and it is expected to remain there.
The input lag is relatively low, which makes live streaming less annoying.
- This projector has the brightest lamp (3300 lumens), making it one of the best.
- The bright light eliminates the need for a screen, making it excellent for both home and workplace use.
- This projector is long-lasting, with a lifespan of about 18 years.
- It does not require any batteries and is entirely powered by electricity.
- It’s a pricey projector, and other projectors are more affordable.
- it needed a safe area to be installed, the projector may get hot.
5. EGate i9 Pro-Max Full HD LED Projector
If you’re searching for a projector in this price range, this is the one to get. Due to its maximum operating distance of 16 feet, this projector’s display is HD-ready and capable of 150 inches of screen length. With 2600 lumens, 270 ANSI lumens, and a 1500:1 contrast ratio, this projector is suitable for both office and recreational use.
The built-in speakers can produce volume in a closed area, however they may not perform effectively in an open setting. The projector’s light life is one of its most notable USPs, with an average of 30000 hours.
- Because the maximum operating distance is 16 feet, you can enjoy a screen as large as 150 inches.
- It can work with a wide range of gaming consoles, laptops, and other devices.
- The lamp has a brightness of 2,600 lumens and a light life of nearly 30,000 hours.
- It’s one of the smallest projectors on the market, making it ideal for use in the office.
- Although it supports 1080p, the projector’s resolution can be much higher.
- The built-in sound speakers might be better and more powerful than 3W.
- Display :BIGGER & BETTER - LED, HD Ready (1080p) | (1280 x 720) Native Resolution | 1500 : 1 High Contrast Ratio | 3.81 m (150 inch) Large Screen Display
- Lumens: BRIGHTER - 3300 Lumen | 330 ANSI Lumen | LED- Life Long Lamp + 30000 Hours Life |16:9 Aspect Ratio. Power Consumption : 50 - 150 W
- Connectivity : 2 x HDMI | USB | VGA | AV | SD Card Slot | Audio Out
- Sound : In-Built Speaker (Stereo) | 3W Speaker
- Connect - TV (Set Top Box), Fire TV Stick, PC/ Laptop, DVD, Play Station etc.
6. Play New 3D 4k Full HD LED Android Projector
This is simply the greatest projector for folks who can afford to spend a lot of money to enjoy a sumptuous cinema experience. The premium projector has a sleek black design and uses air ducts to maintain the proper interior temperature. This is an extremely fat projector that runs on Android and is ideal for ease of usage. It’s also perfect for smart schools and meeting rooms.
- Heat dispensing.
- Excellent sound quality, clear images, and a high level of brightness.
- Mountable on the ceiling or the wall.
- It has a 40-degree keystone correction.
- Ideal for business use due to its light weight.
- Lamp life of 50,000 hours or more.
- The Android version is outdated.
- One-year limited warranty
- Wireless Sync Display, Show your phone to Big projector screen ,play games,watch moveis,browse Articles
- Efficient cooling function, Making sure the temperature of projector is within the safe range,
- protecting your equipment,let you keep the projector longer, Manufactured Projector inbuilt 5 pieces of glass lenses; 1.2 times manual focus
7. Dinshi Fusion Full HD Projector 3500
Dinshi’s LCD projector is both affordable and functional, making it ideal for home use. Although it lacks the competitive and intelligent features included in most of the projectors on this list, it is a suitable choice for those on a tight budget who want a durable full HD projector. The projector comes with natural and clear sound effects, as well as built-in Hi-Fi twin speakers.
Furthermore, it generates superb image quality to provide an amazing viewing experience without consuming a lot of power. Last but not least, it allows you to customise the picture mode based on your preferences, such as standard, vivid, movies, and user mode.
Dinshi Fusion Full HD Projector 3500 Lumen LCD Home Theater 1080p 3D Dinshi Fusion Full HD Projector 3500 Lumen LCD Home Theater 1080p 3D The Play HD LED Projector is ideal for office presentations, home theatre, video gaming, and outdoor movies, among other applications. Large Projection Size allows you to watch HD movies on a big screen while relaxing your eyes from the TV, smartphone, or computer. It efficiently protects your eyes and gives you the greatest viewing experience possible.
- There are three colours to choose from, and they all have a long lifespan.
- Dual speakers are built-in; the device uses very little power.
- The sound quality of the speakers is poor; more speakers are required.
- Budget-friendly; low-noise.
- Up to 120 inches of high-definition video.
- No Android; Not Wi-Fi enabled.
- 1080P LED HD Home theater Projector, excellent image quality
- Long lifetime, incredible experience watching
- Built-in Hi-Fi Dual Speakers: Comes with natural and pure sound effect. Green Product: Low power consumption, environment protection
- Can adjust the picture mode according to personal preference settings including standard, vivid, movies and user mode
8. BORSSO Moon 7.1 HD Wi-Fi YouTube, LED Projector 3000
The Borsso HD Wi-Fi LED HD Projector has a brightness of 3,000 Lumens and is suitable for use in homes, small offices, and classrooms. This projector is smart and portable, and it produces lifelike images. Additionally, it features a manual keystone correction mechanism, LED projection technology, and rapid networking to make your movie evenings and official presentations run smoothly.
Brand Name: BORSSO Brightness: 3000 Lumens Portable: Yes Type: Smart WiFi+You Tube LED Projector Projection Technology: LCD LED Home Theater Projector: yes System: Multimedia System Zoom: Focus Projective Mode: Back Projection, Throwing, Ceiling Keystone Correction: Manual Correction Screen Scale: 4:3/16:9 Projection Distance: 1.4m
- Lightweight and portable.
- Wi-Fi is available; there is no risk of overheating.
- Keystone correction by hand.
- Multiple connection ports; ceiling/wall mountable
- Projection that is bright and clear; quick connectivity.
- There is no Android..
- The quality of the construction could have been better.
- BORSSO offers 1 Years warranty on its Projectors. The only brand in the industry with full Comprehensive 1 year warranty
9. ViewSonic PX701 HD-3500 Lumens Projector
With the correct display solution, you’ll see an increase in productivity. Its brightness of 3600 lumens can overcome ambient light in a variety of scenarios, making it ideal for boardrooms and schools. Many different file and document kinds can be shown at this resolution. With a throw ratio of 1.96 to 2.15:1, the projector can be placed near the back of the room in various applications. Audio will accompany your video thanks to analogue audio input and output, as well as an integrated 2W speaker.
This projector can also play 3D Blu-ray discs directly. ViewSonic PGD-350 Shutter Glasses or other compatible 3D glasses are required to see 3D images. Instead of waiting for a cool-down cycle to complete, the Quick Power Off feature allows the projector to be turned off in seconds. This allows customers to store the projector without worrying about the internal fan continuing to run.
This projector produces ultra-smooth images with incredible colour accuracy with no problems.
It can produce vivid images in almost any setting and, thanks to automated battery-saving technology, it has a long bulb life.
This projector can display 3D images straight from 3D Blu-ray players and may be used with any HDMI-enabled device.
Vertical Keystone Correction is an innovative technology that removes the problem of distorted or crooked images. It also has powerful audio-visual capabilities, dynamic illumination control, and flexible networking options, making it ideal for educational and small-office environments.
Last but not least, this View Sonic projector is a one-of-a-kind piece of equipment.
- They offer customer service that is available at all times of the day and night.
- It can withstand the harsh light of the stage.
- It has a strong battery life and can manage events for up to 6 hours.
- The setup is simple and straightforward.
- It has the potential to be somewhat hefty.
- Only 20% of the zoom lens’ range is usable.
- There is no internet access.( No Wifi connection)
- There are no batteries included with this item.
- Register Online and get free Full HD Amazon Stick
- SUPERSIZED MOVIES AND GAMES: Immersive theater-like colors in Full HD (1920x1080p) on a screen up to 300-inches
- BRIGHT IMAGES IN ANY ENVIRONMENT: 3500 lumens brightness for projection in both bright and dark environments
- CINEMATIC COLORS: Exclusive SuperColor technology offers a wide color gamut for beautiful image production in nearly any environment
- REDUCED 16MS INPUT LATENCY: Ideal for intense action-packed gaming, this projector delivers smooth images without delay
- LONG LAMP LIFE: SuperEco mode allows the lamp to shine bright for up to 20,000 hours enabling an average of 5 hours of viewing time every day for over 10 years
10. Play Ultra HD 4K 3D Smart Android Laser Projector
With its high-quality visuals, quick connectivity, and simple operation, this laser projector improves your production productivity and cinematic experience. It’s a high-end projector that’ll give you an experience that’ll blow your mind. This laser projector is one of the best and most affordable on our list, and it’s ideal for residential, business, and educational use.
Product Description: Play here presents a portable digital video projector with high brightness, low power, mobile phone wireless connection, Hybrid Light Source (LED Laser)/Pure Solid, brightness assurance, Display Technology-DLP,Contrast -100,000:1,Light Source-Hybrid Light Source (LED Laser)/Pure Solid, Light Source Lifetime-50,000Hours (at Standard Mode),
- The light has a 50,000-hour life span.
- Bluetooth, Wi-Fi, and HDMI are all supported.
- Easy to use, cost-effective, and wall/ceiling/tripod mountable.
- It’s appropriate for both personal and professional use.
- It is really heavy.
- Beware of fake seller; Authorized seller of PLAYTM brand is only "Advance Projector Inc" In all over India
- Ideal for business, education application or residential uses. Quality led lens bring great performance far beyond your imagination.Easy to install for a user-friendly experience.
- Available with Remote Control,Adapter,HDMI Cable,Power Cable,Carrying Bag,3d Active shutter Glasses
- Product Dimension: 43cm x 33cm x 10cm (16.93in x 12.99in x 3.94in)
- Just do not hesitate to have one for yourself.
11. Mi Laser 150 Ultra-Short Throw Projector
Mi laser projector is sleek and attractive, providing a cinema-quality AV experience at home. This projector has an ultra-short focal lens and excellent sound quality, as well as vibrant and bright colours. All working professionals choose it because of its ease of usage.
The Mi Laser Projector has a screen size of 150 inches. Bring the private theatre right into your living room. You may easily change the screen size from 80 to 150 inches. On a large screen, enjoy the immersive experience of viewing a movie, listening to a performance, or playing a game.
Even at a short distance, project a large screen. Uses a 0.233:1 ultra-short throw lens design to eliminate the hassle of typical projectors’ long-distance projection. The Mi Laser Projector can be fixed to a wall or placed 5cm to 50cm away from the display surface on a TV cabinet. There’s no need to bother with tangled wires or obstacles.
Cinema-quality, The inherent contrast of the Mi Laser Projector is 3000:1, which is comparable to that found in theatres. Colors are rich and bright, with red light ratios as high as 16-18%.
Appotronics’ revolutionary ALPD 3.0 laser display technology is the market leader in screen colour, contrast, and brightness. The ALPD 3.0 not only produces brilliant, crisp images, but it also helps us to extend product life and minimise machine size.
- It has a 2 GB RAM and a 16 GB ROM.
- Supports DOLBY atmos and produces high-quality images.
- Keystone correction is simple, and wireless support is available.
- The light has a 25,000-hour life span.
- It is really heavy..
- 5000 lumen brightness, Lamp life of over 25000 hours
- Appotronics ALPD 3.0 laser light source technology can effectively ensure lamp life of 25,000 hours or more, equivalent to the time needed to watch more than 10,000 movies (each 2 hours in length).
- Mi Laser Projector features 3000:1 native contrast, comparable to what is found in commercial cinemas. With red light ratios as high as 16-18%, colors are vivid and bright.
- Dual full frequency + dual high frequency high fidelity speakers. It has a unique inverted sound tube design and supports DOLBY, DTS dual decoding, so that you can have a cinema-level audio-visual...
- Native 1080P Ultra-short projector, a massive screen for your home
12. LG HF80LG Full HD (1920 x 1080) 2000
LG HF80LG full HD projector is an excellent solution for those seeking for a cost-effective laser projector. With a 120-inch display in excellent Full HD 1080p clarity, the projector is sure to provide you a dramatic viewing experience.
Its Bluetooth-enabled sound system allows you to connect it to portable speakers, audio speakers, or headphones, depending on your preferences. The projector has a crisp picture quality, a lot of brightness, and a lot of resolution.
Furthermore, its vertical automatic keystone allows anyone to effortlessly create screen configurations, while its four corner keystone assists in quickly and precisely fixing crooked screens to the left or right. Most notably, the projector’s LEDs have a 20,000-hour life span.
- Visuals with a high contrast ratio and striking visuals.
- Design is portable, and it connects to a computer via USB.
- Mirroring via wire is simple with a variety of iOS/Android smart devices; Usage of 20,000 hours.
- Bluetooth technology allows you to stream music wirelessly.
- In comparison to many other models on our list, it has a low colour brightness of 2,000 lumens.
- There are no smart features.
- Full HD (1920 x 1080)
- 2000 Lumen
- Contrast Ratio :150,000:1
- Wireless screen share with mobile & PC
- Bluetooth sound out for wireless sound system
- Portable design
- USB plug & Play
- When watching movies of having presentations Don’t need to connect PC anymore Just plug and play USB to watch movies, picture, music and office files like PPT, Excel, and Word.
- 20,000 hour Laser life
best projectors on the market: our recommendations
Next, we present the Ranking that we have prepared with the five best projectors that are currently available on the market. We have developed it trying to include items as varied as possible, but always choosing products that have a great value for money.
- Best Led Projectors in India
- Best Outdoor Projectors in India
- Best Gaming Projectors in India
- Top 10 Best 4K Projector in India With Deals
- Top 7 Best Art Projectors in India
- Top 10 Best Mini Projector in India
- Top 10 Best Portable Projector in India
What Are The Advantages And Disadvantages Of Projectors?
Today’s video projectors offer a number of advantages that go beyond the possibility of enjoying a large screen. On the contrary, they also have some disadvantages that should not be overlooked. Both the one and the other, you have them summarized in the following table.
Advantage Disadvantages They offer a much larger image than a television or monitor. In this way, you can enjoy a feeling of greater immersion. They take longer to turn on than a TV. They allow you to enjoy the home theater experience. Most require a separate sound system. Its dimensions are smaller than those of a television, which makes it much easier to organize interior spaces. From time to time it is necessary to renew the lamp and its price is not cheap. Its installation and use are really simple. ----- They have a multitude of applications, both educational, professional or leisure. You can easily transport them from one room to another. -----
What kind of projectors are there ?
Today, we can distinguish between projectors with LCD, DLP or LCOS technology. Logically, each of them offers a series of different benefits. We have summarized them in the following table. Depending on your needs, you may be interested in opting for one type of technology or another.
|LCD projectors||DLP projectors|
|Image||The image is created through millions of tiny mirrors that direct and project the light in the direction of the screen.||It works in a similar way to LCD projectors, although the panels reflect light rather than let it pass.|
|Colors||Not so vivid colors, a little more muted. Lower brightness levels and good image definition. In addition, they have a good gray scale.||They display very vivid colors and softer, more natural images. They offer a pretty good response to moving images. In addition, they have a good gray scale.|
|Advantage||They take up less space and are lighter.||They are not usually excessively loud.|
|Price||They require a greater economic investment.||High prices, although some laptops are not that expensive.|
Buying Guide: What You Should Know About Projectors
When buying a projector, it is essential that you take into account a number of important issues. After all, there are different models of projectors, which offer more or less features. For this reason, in this section we have proposed to answer the doubts that buyers usually have.
When it comes time to purchase a projector, it is essential that you take into account a series of purchase criteria. To make your task easier, we have selected the ones that we consider most relevant. We hope they serve as a guide in your purchase process and allow you to adjust the value for money as much as possible.
- Use that you are going to make of the projector
- Additional features
(a) Use of projector.
There is no doubt that the first question you should ask yourself before buying a projector is what you are going to do with it. You don’t need the same type of projector for a small conference room isolated from ambient light as for a bar with large windows.
Use space and content to be reproduced are two key aspects for choosing the projector. And, whether you like it or not, they will determine, among other issues, the format, resolution and brightness of the equipment you need to buy. Similarly, they can also influence the connection needs you require.
(B) Projector Format.
The format indicates the ratio of the width to the height of the image. In that sense, there are several options depending on the content to be reproduced. The 4: 3 format is ideal for presentations, slides or classic movies. The 16: 9/16: 10 formats are geared towards movies or high definition television channels.
And finally, there are the cinema formats such as 21: 9, 1.85: 1, 2.35: 1, 2.40: 1. However, these are usually adapted to 16: 9 anamorphic formats for playback on television channels, DVD or Blu-ray players. In any case, you can always play with the zoom and other settings to adapt the image to the format you want.
(B) Projector Resolution.
The resolution of a projector indicates the number of pixels it can display in an image. The more pixels you display, the higher the definition and quality of the image. Currently, there are many possibilities. Full HD or 1080p resolution is best suited for Blu-ray players or the PS4.
XGA (1,024 × 768) and WXGA (1,280 × 800) resolutions are used primarily for working with laptop computers for projection in meeting rooms. In recent years, 4K – UHD (3,840 × 2,160) resolution has become increasingly popular, as it allows content to be played in Ultra High Definition quality.
(C) Projector Brightness.
There is no doubt that one of the key aspects when choosing a projector is the brightness that, in turn, will influence the contrast of the images. In this sense, it is important that you take into account the type of light source that integrates the projector, lamp, LED or laser. Depending on one or the other, its consumption and effectiveness will be different.
The brightness, or light output, of a light source is measured in lumens. If you want to set up a home theater in a room with little ambient light, a device with 1,000 lumens or more is a good idea. If there was more light, you’d be interested in one with 2,000 lumens. For an office, you need 2,500 to 5,000 lumens; and for a bar, up to 6,000 lumens.
|Place where it will be located||Brightness needed|
|Home theater in Full HD quality in low ambient light||1,000 to 1,500 lumens|
|Home theater with a little more ambient light||Minimum 2,000 lumens|
|For an office or a classroom||Between 2,500 and 5,000, depending on the size of the room or classroom|
|For small room presentations with portable projectors||Portable projectors with LEDs and around 1,000 lumens|
|For a bar||Between 4,000 and 6,000 lumens|
|For outdoors with natural light||Minimum 4,000 lumens|
(D) Projector Contrast.
Another key aspect when choosing the projector is the contrast, which is the ratio between light and dark that the equipment can offer. In this sense, it is necessary to distinguish between the different types of contrast. Native contrast is the difference in brightness between a completely white screen and a black screen.
Dynamic contrast is what the projector integrates to modify brightness based on the clarity of the frame. ANSI contrast gives the difference between the brightness of whites and the residual brightness of blacks. Ideally, the native contrast should be greater than 2,000: 1. In general, the higher it is, the better the image quality.
(E) Projector Connectivity.
It is important that the projector you choose can connect to the computers from which you are going to play content. In this regard, the options that you will most commonly need are via HDMI cable, via USB port, the possibility of connecting SD or micro SD cards, VGA connection and wireless connections via Bluetooth and WiFi.
The HDMI input allows you to play content in high definition. With it, you will be able to connect consoles and Blu-ray players. You will need the VGA connection to connect desktop or laptop computers. Similarly, it is also interesting that the projector can open files from USB ports or SD cards.
(F) Projector Additional features.
Among the most important extras you should consider when purchasing the projector are optical zoom, lens shift, and Keyston correction. The latter is used to avoid trapezoidal deformations. The zoom, for its part, is very practical when you do not have the minimum distance to the screen.
Lens shift allows the image to be moved vertically and horizontally without tilting the projector and without causing image distortion. Of course, you may also be interested in mechanical extras such as the anchors to fix the projector to the wall or ceiling.
Frequently Asked Questions ( FAQ’s) About Buying a New Projector
1. What Exactly Is A Projector ?
Answer: – An optical device that projects an image (or moving images) onto a surface, commonly a projection screen, is a projector or image projector.
By shining a light through a small transparent lens, most projectors produce an image, but some newer types of projectors may project the image directly, using lasers.
A virtual retinal monitor, or retinal projector, is a projector that uses an external projection screen to project an image directly onto the retina.
2. What are lumens in a projector ?
Answer:- Lumens are a significant aspect in determining a projector’s characteristics. Regardless of how dark the room is, the more lumens a projector generates, the brighter the image quality.
3. Are budget projectors worth it ?
Answer:- For not much additional money, you can get MUCH better projectors. Many people are unaware that full-line projector manufacturers produce low-cost, low-resolution equipment capable of showing HD signals, and that these products are far superior to those found on Amazon or eBay.
4. Are laser projectors better ?
Answer:- Anyone who has worked with the latest projector technology knows that laser projectors are objectively superior – they’re sleeker, have a longer lifespan, and have sharper specifications all around.
5. What should I look for when buying a projector ?
Answer:- 5 Things You Need to Know before Buying A Home Theater Projector
Color Technology. The majority of home theater projectors on the market will be Digital Light Processing projectors (DLP). …
Light Output & Brightness. …
Input Source – Connectivity.
Enjoying a home theater experience is increasingly within reach. Today, there are projectors that offer great features and whose prices are really cheap. In this way, many people are betting on projectors as substitutes or accessories for televisions.
However, choosing the right model is not always an easy task. Especially if you want to purchase a projector for a more professional use. To do this, it is important to take into account criteria such as resolution, contrast, brightness or connectivity options. And, of course, neither the price nor the brand can be ignored.
Of course, if you think that this guide has been useful to you in your purchase process, we would love if you would leave us a comment or share it through social networks.