We, humans, do not necessarily eat for living, just as much as we live for food. And our endless need to please only taste buds has recently taken its toll on our fitness.
The fast food / junk food industry is predicating itself pretty much on the same method of cooking: deep frying. The planet has very few foods that do not taste amazing when deeply fried. This day and age, we deep-fry everything from meats to potatoes, to Oreos!
Air fryer is healthier than anything frying in oil. It cuts calories by 70% to 80% and has a lot less fat. Any of the other unhealthy effects of oil frying may also be minimised by this form of cooking.Research ties the oils used to cook them to health issues such as heart disease, diabetes type 2, and cancer.
From air-fryers appliances, offer the taste, texture, and golden brown colour of oil-fried foods without all the fat and calories, But can these alternatives for deep fryers deliver on their promise?
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF COOKING WITH AN AIR FRYER?
Soft inside and crunchy on the outside. How can you withstand this? But why are so delicious deep fried foods?
Well, it is mostly because of the high temperature necessary to fry food. When you fry, the oil used for the frying becomes twice as hot as when you boil something. That high temperature is what dehydrates the food and forms that delicious crust that we love so much in deep fried foods. The more fatter the food, the more tastile it will be. And if we also use a batter for foods like fried chicken , fish, and so on, the effect is even bigger, because the batter gets crispy and dehydrated while the inside remains moist.
The issue with fat, deep fried foods is that they are as unhealthy as they are delicious. There are several reasons why you’re bad at deep fried foods:
- They are very high in calories compared to foods which are cooked by other methods. Too many calories means you can gain significant weight.
- The oil used for deep frying foods is commonly high in trans fats and cholesterol; eating too much of it raises the risk of multiple heart problems (because the arteries are clogged), diabetes, colon cancer and more.
- The reason trans fats are so unhealthy is that they go through hydrogenation because of the high cooking temperatures; hydrogenation changes the fat structure and your body has trouble breaking them down.
- Deep frying is bad for the environment, particularly when it is used in industry; waste oil from restaurants, for example, ends up in many cases in the wastewater system.
- Deep frying is messy so it takes longer to clean the kitchen.
What Can You Cook in an Air Fryer?
- Chicken, including chicken fingers and nuggets
- cheese sticks
- Fish Fry
There are also toast and baking settings in some versions, making them more like traditional ovens. These can be used to make brownies or to roast chicken. The limited basket size, which leaves little space to cook an entire family meal, is one downside of many of these devices.
What are air fryers?
An air fryer is a kitchen appliance which cooks your food using the principle of hot air circulation. In order to prepare your food, air fryers require very small amounts of oil which significantly reduces the fat content in your diet. Many of the dishes only need a tbsp. In petroleum. You don’t have to submerge food in oil anymore, but still get the same crunchy food you ‘re used to while the inside stays soft.
You reduce the oil content by up to 80 per cent by using an air fryer.
Air fryers disperse the hot air around the food and your food gets the crunchy layer thanks to the Maillard effect. The Maillard effect or Maillard reaction, with its distinctive fragrance, is a chemical reaction that occurs due to heat and results in the browning of the food.
Air fryers consist of multiple detachable components: a pot, where you place the ingredients, a splitter, a pot holder with a fan below it and the main body of the appliance.